TDHCA down payment assistance program
Statewide fixed home loan program with a TDHCA down payment assistance grant. The assistance grant is a 0% interest rate – deferred loan which means it only needs to be paid back when the home is sold. No money down is required from the home buyer. Great alternative to standard FHA financing.
- 30 year fixed FHA loan
- 5% zero interest grant
- No money down required
- No restrictions on location (Entire State of Texas)
- Easy to qualify
- Can be combined with yearly tax credit (MCC)
- For low to moderate income families
- No application fees/costs
- 24 hour approval
All first-time home buyers are welcome to apply. Some non first-time home buyers may also be eligible if purchasing in a targeted area. The targeted areas are established by HUD and change frequently. Please contact us for specific information. ***A first-time homebuyer is considered to be someone who has not owned a home in the past 3 years.***
This loan program does have income restrictions. Income limits are fairly flexible especially if you have kids/family. Every County will have different limits. You can check the income restrictions below or contact us for further information. Please don’t get discouragerd if you think you make too much money to qualify. Please reach out to us so we can review your situation. It’s possible that there might be an alternate program available to fit your sit uation.
- Single family homes(SFR)
- Single units in condo developments and planned unit developments(PUD) Condos/Townhomes
- Duplexes. One of the unit s must be occupied by the home buyer as their primary residence.